View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
Heather Parker
Nameless Being

Middlewitch Mayhem (Middlewitch Chronicles Series)

My name is Heather Parker. Please could I mention my new novel just published by Drollerie Press this month?

Join Alicia Meldrew for more adventures in Middlewitch Mayhem, the second book in the Middlewitch Chronicles, although it’s not necessary to have read Middlewitch first!
Just because Alicia Meldrew is a witch doesn't mean that everything in her life is double, double, toil and trouble. Then again, trouble does have a way of finding her over and over again, even in the cozy little town of Middlewitch.
Alicia is starting to settle down with her new husband and a baby on the way, but little things like demon possession and mis-cast time spells keep getting in the way. Still, the Witchfinder General, vampires (the bad kind, because you can't generalize, you know), and vengeful enemies are no match for her - especially with the support of family and friends.
With the community coming together to help her, and her new husband James even doing a little bit of magic himself, Alicia can manage just about anything. Except possibly getting along with her mother-in-law...

Review of Middlewitch Mayhem

Absolutely fun tale about a witch, her friends and family, and the little town of Middlewitch where she lives and serves as protector.
What I really love about this book is the strong sense of community in this novel. Whenever something threatens to overwhelm Alicia, someone is there to lend a helping hand and help her save the day. Middlewitch is one of those places you read about that you wish you could sneak into, because it just seems like such a cozy place to be. Sure there are lake monsters and the occasional spectral goat, but little inconveniences like that are worthwhile when you have the right people to help you out of them.
Alicia herself is a strong, spunky character and the whole book has a strong message of acceptance which I really like.
Lisa Asanuma

If you'd like to read the first book in The Middlewitch Chronicles, it is available at
Amazon.
Also available at Amazon UK and most other online bookstores.

Last edited by Heather Parker; 06-28-2011 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Added link to my website