View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 06:31 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogg View Post
JSWolf: I spent a lot of time trying to find a copy in any form. I almost did once, but then it turned out to just be a click-through to "here are some places that might have your book." They didn't.

Jason: You're right in the regard that the market data likely isn't getting through. However, it seems that publishers don't want to create ebooks (because of piracy concerns) if paper books are still selling as usual. My hope is that by buying the used book, I'm indicating my willingness to pay for the content, but that I'm not supporting their current paper market in their ideal manner. I'd MUCH prefer to buy the more expensive, but nicely formatted lrf, since the other formats usually don't look as nice, even when passed through the tools we have available here.

The specific title isn't as important to me as getting across the idea that ALL books should be available in e-form, especially since the publishers already have them in some digital format already. My assertion is that I'm paying for the books I receive legally, but not in the way that the publishers want, and that's the message.
How is buying used telling the publisher anything? Would it not be better to email the publisher directly or call and say what it is you want?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote