View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 11:54 AM   #10
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Can someone who has the problem check if the screen fades under direct sunlight but behind a glass window? Another way is to shine a blacklight (UV light) on the screen and see if it fades.
I have a theory that the defective screens lose the static charge that holds the ink particles because of the UV radiation. Window glass blocks most of the UV wavelengths.
It happened on my PB301+ when I was reading in my car, direct sunlight through my windshield.

My Cybook (EB100) doesn't have the problem but the PB (EB600) does. I was recently on vacation and reading in the sun and that's when I noticed it. I agree it's not heat related. I held my hand in front of the screen when I turned the page and after you could see the fading between my fingers. I ended up just flipping the screen when I turned the page and then flipping it back and it was fine, but it was annoying.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote