View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 04:08 PM   #8
Alcuin7
Alcuin7 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Remember, I’m a newbie at electronic books. An old programmer (almost 40 years), but this is a new environment for me.

If I may press your patience, Tex2002ans and thiago.eec, I think I see several different ideas that I would like to gather together.

Footnote/Endnote identification
  1. For first-level footnotes, I should use Arabic numbers.
  2. For second-level footnotes, perhaps Roman numbers
  3. For third-level footnotes, alphabetic is sufficient (there are not many)

Two-thirds of the book is endnotes/footnotes. There is a primary text with the normal short, regular, footnotes; many detailed explanations; and several side-excursions. Some of the detailed explanations and almost all the side-excursions also require footnotes. This explains the document’s complexity.

Many of the references come from Microsoft Word. <sup id="id_Ref489614211" class="text_6"> is one of these. I assume that I can dispense with these in EPUB and eliminate them to simplify my code?

Calibre converts the document into chapters, appendices, and a great many other divisions that make some sense. Many of the others make no sense. Am I required to follow Calibre’s divisions, or can I reassemble my own? Won’t that disrupt the order of the final product?

Where are these files index_split_000.html, index_split_001.html, …, stored? Do I merge/break/insert/rename within Calibre, or can I export them and deal with them outside Calibre? What is your normal procedure?

BTW, Tex2002ans, if you made the Say page for FEE, I think I used that writing my book, along with a great deal of material from Mises.org.
Alcuin7 is offline   Reply With Quote