View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 02:55 AM   #12
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayk View Post
cybmole- so do you do the Adobe Digital Editions and just nuke the DRM somehow, or do you do something else?

Thanks!

Jay
that, and also I buy from amazon into K for PC , ( better choice & prices usually) "alf" & convert. As I have amazon prime , for now, I also grab the "kindle first" monthly offers, though I've been disappointed with quality, and sometimes some of the £zero priced kindle books if reviews tempt me to try someone new.

tips:keep tools up to date, only process one book at a time, report issues on his site if ever you have any , keep backups of everything you buy! ( that last one is in case a store ever decides hey no longer want you as a customer, or you lose your credentials, or store goes lout of business like Sony did, & so you cannot re-download )

I remain hopeful that digital book selling will evolve to DRM free, like digital music mostly has. it used to be impossible to legally buy unprotected MP3, & we were told that anyone selling such would go out of business due to piracy.

Yet here we are, everyone except maybe itunes now sell drm free music mp3. WMA is pretty much dead, apart from some library audiobooks. There are some ID marks in mp3 tags in some cases but there's no issue of your music refusing to play on your new hardware.
and digital music sales are still on a strong uptrend, I believe.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote