View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #850
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcdecaine View Post
Hi. i Have a K4Black and i destroyed it after trying to instal duokan and then selecting things randomly in diagnose and fastboot

I chose "erase all" in fastboot, but i could still finish all the steps in silver18's guide. I tried both the 4.0.0 and the 4.0.1 images but i can 't boot main. In the end in putty when i reboot it gives and error and disconnects and the kindle is frozen.
Mfgtool can;t boot main, it can only boot dignose and fastboot. when i chose reboot from diagnose it freezes.
So i can enter diagnose, i can get in usb mode, ssh. but everything else fails.
Any help?
"Erase all" erased your kindle's identity, so it does not even know how to initialize DRAM during startup. I and others have recovered from that situation by forcing idme serial and pcbsn in a custom patched and recompiled uboot, that forces our own personal values.

You may have been lucky if you ran a diag that saved your values in a log file on your USB drive, but not knowing what "random order" you ran them in, you could have saved only ERASED values.

During your significant labor ahead (even if you know your idme vars and know exactly what you are doing), I hope you learn how profoundly unwise your behavior was while in diags and fastboot. But having done that, you probably have a large learning curve ahead before you can even contemplate repairing it.

Doing such a thing ACCIDENTALLY is unfortunate, but you chose to do it willingly. Things that you do not understand can bite you when provoked, which you did in this case.

What part of "erase ALL" do you not understand?

EDIT: Do not even THINK about copying your idme vars from another K4. That would be identity theft and amazon will blacklist both devices (there is an experienced dev here who "accidentally" got bit by that.)

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-12-2012 at 11:03 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote