View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #843
Dylan Tomorrow
Connoisseur
Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Android smartphone w/ FBReader
Talking Me stumbling through your instructions ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Right after loading of fastboot.bin you should use https://github.com/yifanlu/Fastboot-Kindle for interacting with fastboot mode. Don't disconnect and restart.
Oops, I see. I knew I was probably missing something obvious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
It looks like just "framework" (Java-based part of UI) didn't get load properly. Maybe problem with full /var/local or some other "minor" inconvenience?

Post your logs (here in spoiler or, better, into some pastebin serivice). To get logs, execute command ;dm at search field, then look for them in USB drive.
That gave me an application error dialog and a "restarting now" error dialog after that. Then the home screen magically reappeared (without a full restart and with all the collections still in their old state, even though I had deleted all ebooks)!

No log files were written yet. Homescreen still there after disconnecting. Menu still does not work. Interacting with home screen does not work.

WTF!

Wait, the number of items in the collections is shrinking. So it it probably just updating its file database. Let's wait a bit ...

Homescreen gone again after second connect and disconnect. Hm, let's ;dm again!

Application error again. Framework error, wait while Kindle restarts again. UI flashes twice. Homescreen reappears. Collections have yet fewer items, almost empty now. (I know I should just do the fastboot mode properly, but I find this idiosyncratic buggyness oddly fascinating! )

Sorting mode change from collections to recent works! I can see the files vanishing now. Only 31 left. Scrolling works again. And they're all gone!

Ooops again, I mistyped. I typed dm; instead of
;dm all those times.
Now with actually typing ;dm it did create logs. . Full all_system_logs_as_of_Sun_Nov_11_14.20.07_GMT+01.0 0_2012.txt is attached (zipped) or can be downloaded via Google Drive: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3Vw...thkey=CNORpfAE (sorry, google only lets you download it if you login ... The logfile is 1,5 MB, too big for pastebin and pastee)

Menu and everything works again now. I will put the books back now in increments of 50 or so and see if it hiccups again. I'm gonna let it index them anew, hopefully this way the framework won't crash again when all the books are on there.

Thanks for your help . Seems I should have just asked you guys earlier and tried to let it restart the framework via the search bar application crash/let it write log files, that would have made things easier!

Last edited by Dylan Tomorrow; 11-11-2012 at 09:42 AM. Reason: added zipped log file (thx for the idea, knc1!)
Dylan Tomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote