View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #95
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I would say almost a full inch larger and a 3:4 ratio is a real plus for eBook reading although the small display may fit in a pocket or purse easier. The length, by the way, is likely very similar. The cameras on the iPad are certainly better. An an upgradeable OS is a plus as is the number of apps. 16GB is way better these days and battery life is important. I am not so sure the GT is automatically the winner in this comparison. I do like the GT GPS feature.

Dale
It's definitely subjective, depending on your needs.

I prefer 16:9, since watching videos is a very high priority. I have a Kindle 4 for books. Size and weight are irrelevant factors for me, since all of these tablets are generally in the same ballpark.

As to the OS, the SGT 2 will be getting Jelly Bean, but Apple does beat it in that it pushes updates immediately; whereas Samsung takes a bit of time. Nexus devices would be equal to Apple devices.

8GB and a mSD card slot trump 16GB and no card slot any day.

I gave it to the SGT because of the RAM, mSD, GPS and price.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote