Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 10:20 PM   #64
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
I'd suggest Tom use his tie-breaking abilities to make sure only two books are ever in the second poll. So, for example, if one book got the most votes and two (or more) tied for second, then Tom would "cast a vote" for one of those books in second place to break the tie. Or, if three (or more) books tied for first, then Tom would "cast a vote" for two of the tied books. That is a simple way to ensure we always have only two options for the final vote.
That's okay with me, although I wouldn't mind if the second vote had three options. I figure that any winnowing down from the large list is helpful, and I'm not going to feel cheated if sometimes the second-vote winner only had 40% of the vote. That's a lot more substantial than 12% the way it's sometimes been.

Mostly I hope the tiered voting creates more direct interest in the winner and therefore encourages more readers and more conversation.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote