View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
Nanoox
Kindlicious.
Nanoox began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (2010)
Question Ideas for using the Kindle in the kitchen?

Hi, I'm new to the forums today, so I wanted to say hi and also scratch an itch.

I realize this has probably been discussed ad infinitum somewhere on the board, but the word "recipes" does not play well with the Calibre forum.

I've had my Kindle for a little under a month. An article I read recently listed as one of the best things to use it for is for recipes you find on the web.

I prefer to buy my cookbooks in physical form -- it's extremely practical for the way I cook. But to date I've never really taken advantage of the random recipes I come across in my everyday browsing because printing them out and managing piles of sheets of paper in the kitchen is a pain.

I have a wealth of saved recipes in my Delicious, as well as on cooksillustrated.com or allrecipes.com. It seems that having individual webpages sent to my Kindle would be a logistical nightmare, given the difficulty of organizing items on the Kindle (frankly, the most disappointing aspect of my otherwise positive noob Kindle experience to date).

How do other forum members use, view and manage individual recipes on their Kindles? How do you organize them? Is there some sort of best practice?

Thanks for your help!
Nanoox is offline   Reply With Quote