View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
cancan
cancan began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO
BOOKS ADDED to KOBO DO NOT SHOW UP ON LIBRARY AND ĪM READING

Hi evveryone, I just received my KOBO today and initially managed to add books successfully via calibre as well as adobe digital editions. The books would turn up both on my library as well as "i'm reading" on the KOBO. However, after I used the Borders Desktop Application to SYNC after creating and login to my new account. I could add the books(i tried both pdf and epub) by cutting and pasting onto KOBO folder (as a USB device) as well as the SD card, however, the added books would not show up on LIBRARY nor the Im reading list. I have tried both a soft reset and hard reset (several times!) to no avail. Adobe digital editions also can detect the kobo when plugged in and copy the books over, however, similarly i am unable to find the book listed in library nor im reading. Calibre is able to get device information and show the kobo, however, when it tries to "Get list of books on device", the error message will pop up with "error comnunicating with device", under details it states:"dababase disk image is malformed". As mentioned, i have tried both soft reset as well as hard reset and neither works. The original 100 books that came preloaded are all still there tho. I have written to KOBO help forum, but if anyone here has any idea how to fix this, please let me know...coz now i cant read anything else than the pre-loaded books on KOBO....sigh.... and i was just beginnning to enjoy it!!
cancan is offline   Reply With Quote