View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 12:31 PM   #1
constroy
constroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than momconstroy loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: PRS-505 Blue, nexus 7, Kindle PW2
I think my PRS 505 finally went kaput...HELP!

Hi all!

I put a couple new books onto my beloved 505 and after unhooking it from computer, it became "stuck" in the refresh mode. (Arrow thingy spinning around and sometimes not spinning just stuck, updating books in reader). It also turns itself off and on willy nilly. Needless to say that this has happened one time before and it eventually unstuck itself after numerous soft resets, an attempt to hard reset, shaking it, yelling at it and leaving it charging for over a day. I don't think it started back up from something I did it just kicked it's little brain back into gear. Well, none of those above mentioned things (plus a few new ones), has worked this second go around. I purchased my sony new back in July of 2009 and I'm an avid reader so my best guess is that I need to have a burial for it, brief mourning period and find a different reader. Any suggestions on how I may fix it? I really do enjoy this reader and would like to continue to use it.
Thanks ahead of time!
constroy is offline   Reply With Quote