View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 12:03 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Let me explain something to you: when I say something is not easy, that means the ratio of effort to interest involved in implementing it moves it off the top of my queue compared to the 3000 other things in that queue that have better effort to interest ratios.

Actually implementing this feature will take about 300 lines of code, the relevant files are all in the pdf/render/ folder and there is a grand total of five classes involved. But, I'm guessing that's too hard for you, because, as I said before, you are lazy. Or perhaps when you were a baby you were attacked by a particularly mean looking class.

And let me explain something about abstractions. All abstractions are, gasp, *leaky*, that does not mean every abstraction is bad. It is only bad if the harm from the leakiness outweighs the benefit from the, wait for it, *abstraction*.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote