View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #33
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Thanks for your replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
@roger64 - is there anything that didn't work or wasn't clear about the build instructions?

Of course they were helpful and I did use them (your Sigil help epub) as well as Diap Dealer advices. But I felt the need for more. And yes, it will be good to separate build from the run.

1- Build part - As Qt5 is a big first for everybody, at least for linux distros, you maybe should comment a little more on this point. My Qt5 has been installed in the $HOME and the path location of the library has to be changed accordingly. This may seem obvious to you but I think it should deserve a line of comment to begin with (like: I suppose you binary install of Qt5 to be ...)

2- As you can see I had to complete the first paragraph to begin the build.
Code:
-DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=$HOME/compilation/Qt5.0.1/5.0.1/gcc_64/lib/cmake/
3- Then, there is a creation of these /tmp locked folders (in $HOME and /). From where are they coming from? Are they necessary? For me this was totally unexpected. Can it be avoided?

4- Run part - I think a word is needed about the script and the library location: how long this will be necessary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
And since you mention Spellchecking - how is this version working for you. The issue with apostrophes should be sorted out - well, at least better than it was hopefully.
I will comment on it a little later with pleasure.

Last edited by roger64; 02-19-2013 at 07:59 PM.