View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Always in flux
Hmm...my experience with Kobo

Having come from years using other readers (Amazon, BN, Sony), I recently purchased a Kobo Glo. I'm pretty well versed in readers, but had no idea that Kobo uses different rendering techniques. Kepub v. epub. From a marketing sense, I get it, provide more benefits from your proprietary engine. I know too that B&N uses a different Adobe DRM scheme. But ALL the other readers don't treat their files differently when rendered; there may be more content behind a file (X-Ray, for example), but they all are rendered the same.

I like the form factor of the device, but...

Any others have some advice? I already know about the save as *.kepub.epub, but that doesn't help with the news generated by Calibre. Unless there are some Calibre secrets, I think I may have to pass on this one. Seems a shame as the form factor is quite nice.
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote