View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 04:31 AM   #1
verydeepwater
verydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterverydeepwater can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Ipad and Kindle Fire
Embedding fonts for Kindles

I have tried embedding fonts using @font-face{ in the stylesheet, with the fonts placed in a fonts folder, and certain styles set to use these fonts. I have found this works consistently on the Ipad, and in Kindle Preview when set to Kindle fire (but not with the Kindle or Paper White setting).

I copied the files onto my basic Kindle 6" E Ink, and to my surprise the embedded fonts showed up. (I thought embedded fonts only worked with Kindle Fire). I then tried it with another ebook with the same stylesheet, and this time the fonts don't show up. I can't find any reason why the fonts should work with the one ebook and not with the other.

Does anyone have an idea why the embedded fonts could be appearing in the one case, and not in the other?
verydeepwater is offline   Reply With Quote