View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 04:24 AM   #5
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
I'd say the culprit is not em-dashes, but the "simpleminded line-wrap".
This is true but we have to work with what we got.

I too, always insert a space before and after an em dash except where it occurs at the end of a sentence.

I believe en dashes are used to show a range of something so should not be used instead of an em dash.

Ellipses can also be a problem and I find publishers are inconsistent when using them. I do a search and replace with a space after them. Again, no need for a space at the end of a sentence.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote