Thread: nook
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 12:42 AM   #2
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
I would not recommend a Nook if you don't live in USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by norgrim View Post
if i can buy a nook would i be able to use it in the uk and also how can buy it if you do not have usa billing address
You should not post in the News section. Yours looks like is more like "Which one should i get" post. Anyway ...

The Nook, Nook Tablet and Nook Color are products that have been marketed for USA. They are not intended for Europe, Latin America or Canada, or any other country.

You need a valid USA Credit Card in order to register and start using the device. Also, while browsing or downloading books, your IP address is checked, so unless you use a proxy, you may also have some problems downloading certain content from B&N.

The other issue is the customer service. Because they are not intended to be sold on other countries, in case of software or hardware issues, you're stuck with the device. Unless you pay for the shipping and send it to USA, there is no way for B&N to give you support. Whatever you pay in shipping will be the same or almost the same of what you paid for it. So again, not a nice idea.

Can you use it there, is it possible? Yes it is. Workarounds: using a proxy and getting a credit card with a valid USA address. I also read here in Mobilereads that there are some online retailers that can act as "man in the middle" and buy it for you. They later send it of course.

If I were you, I would get a Sony or Kindle. But those are my 2 cents.

Last edited by jocampo; 01-31-2012 at 12:49 AM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote