View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberry View Post
Is there a way on conversion to force the use of every page?
By design converting to ePub gives you a flexible number of pages based on font size. Also by design PDF is, for the most part, a fixed format document. PDF works great for the size and layout it was initially created for, try and convert a PDF to another (reflowable) format and you end up with mixed results, rarely good results. If possible, for anything but basic novels, it is best to leave PDF in its original format and view it as a PDF file.

Maybe someone else will address the specifics of your post. Since I avoid converting PDF files at all costs and when I do convert them I use Adobe Acrobat to export them to html (not even Adobe can give a flawless conversion of a PDF file), then convert them to ePub via calibre.

Another possibility is to see if the store/site you purchased the book from has the same book available as an ePub. I have many recipe books in the ePub format that look great, but they were designed as an ePub by the publisher.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote