View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 03:29 AM   #30
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
I was excited while reading the announcement and also feeling dismayed that my original Kindle and Kindle 2 would be unable to take advantage of this; but after reading about the limitations, I'm not so stoked. I mean, it's great that people in other countries can finally purchase a Kindle directly from Amazon but this really adds nothing to those of us who are already US customers. With a $2 charge for every download (including archived items!?) and no access to the web browser, I would never turn on the wireless when abroad (I'm living in Japan right now and I don't feel very deprived without wireless). The best thing about wireless to me is being able to access Wikipedia anywhere. Take away that, what's the point? There's no book I need so badly that I can't wait until I get home to download (of if I have my laptop with me, until I find a hotspot).
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote