View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
4. Type c:\KindleGen\kindlegen. Instructions on how to run KindleGen are displayed.
What I tend to do is to copy the files associated with the commands I want to run into the ebook directory. In this case:

a) Using normal Windows mouse-based copying, make a copy of kindlegen (kindlegen.exe) in the target folder, i.e. in c:\ebooks. While there, copy the folder location to the clipboard.

b) Open the Command Prompt (Windows Command Processor). One easy way is to type cmd into Start -> "Search programs and files". I use this often enough that I pin Windows Command Processor to my start menu.

c) Goto (cd) the target folder:
Code:
cd c:\ebooks
Type cd <space> and then right click and select paste if you have the folder location on the clipboard.

d) Issue the command you want to run:
Code:
kindlegen ebook_name.htm -c1 -o ebook_name.mobi
This works because the command processor typically searches the current folder for the command you are using. The command processor does filename completion, so type part of the name and hit <tab> to get the rest (if it can be uniquely detected).

Since you are running this in the target folder, the output file is in that folder as well.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote