View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #105
Zoshka
Connoisseur
Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 & 4, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
żAny idea on how well sales are going? Is it outselling the original Nook yet?
Usually the companies keep quiet about ereader sales, but now that the NookColor has enough supply to meet the demand, it should surpass Nook sales. You can see why in stores--people crowding around the NookColor display, BN currently discounting Nook covers by 30% but not NookColor ones, BestBuy promoting value bundles just for the Nook. The addition of Walmart and Best Buy to show off the NookColor will just add to sales, as people see a better alternative to all the cheapo Android tablets. Then when they upgrade the browser to play Flash next year and add more apps, it will appeal even more to those that want more tablet features.

I agree with the Suntimes review above, that the best choices for ereaders now are the Kindle3, the NookColor, and the ipad, with your choice depending on trade-offs for weight, cost, battery life, type of screen, and desire for extra apps. I've owned all three, and decided the NookColor had the best mix of all those features and compromises for my needs. I was going to wait for a rumored 7" ipad, but Steve Jobs quashed those hopes, and if the next ipad just has cameras and is just a little lighter, then I won't feel any regret for sticking with the NookColor.
Zoshka is offline   Reply With Quote