View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #55
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Hi David,

I've loaded up calibre 0.9.4. These are my observations about covers/thumbnails using the updated KoboTouch driver with a Kobo Glo fw 2.1.5 (r43939):

New books sent to Kobo Glo:
  • Upload covers CHECKED, Always upload CHECKED
    Both ePub and PDF have calibre thumbnails, no white stripes (i.e aspect ratio not kept)
  • Upload covers UNCHECKED, Always upload CHECKED
    ePub: thumbnails from calibre, with white stripes (i.e aspect ratio kept)
    PDF: thumbnails from PDF page 1
  • Upload covers CHECKED, Always upload UNCHECKED
    ePub: thumbnails from calibre, with white stripes (i.e aspect ratio kept)
    PDF: thumbnails from PDF page 1
Books already on Kobo Glo:
  • Upload covers CHECKED, Always upload CHECKED
    Both ePub and PDF keep existing thumbnails, even if calibre cover changed
  • Upload covers UNCHECKED, Always upload CHECKED
  • Upload covers CHECKED, Always upload UNCHECKED
    In fact the only way I was able to get the Kobo thumbnails to update to the new calibre covers was to resend the books with the device driver configured to have both 'Upload covers' and 'Always upload covers' checked. There was no need to delete the books before resending.

I'm not greatly bothered for myself as the 'both boxes checked' option gives me what I want, but I suspect these are not completely the results you would expect - or have I misunderstood the tooltips?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote