View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 04:56 AM   #4
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
The Calibre thread was addressing Kindle for Mac 1.23.1 and Alf's DeDRM tools, both of which run fine on High Sierra. However, Kindle for Mac will likely become problematic on Catalina since K4Mac 1.23.1 is 32-bit and there are issues getting the 64-bit version (1.25+) to work with Alf.

However, that's just one reason why someone might want to run two versions of macOS on a single Mac, and I was hoping to start a discussion on options, pros and cons.
Well, certainly you can do it, but you would need a pretty beefy machine to avoid resource issues. Dual booting has been around on the mac for quite a few years. Most people used it to boot between the mac and windows simulators. I did it when I first switched to macs. As I remember, the biggest issue was setting up the partitions correctly.

Apparently, you can also make an external disk, such as a external hard disk or even a thumbnail, bootable and dual boot that way. That might be a better choice for what you are talking about. That way you don't have to worry about partitioning. Hum, I might try that, though I think that I would want to use a larger external drive for my purposes. Still it might be an interesting experiment.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote