View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 12:14 AM   #8
GalinAZ
GalinAZ is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
I got a Kindle as a gift. Why should I keep this thing? Here's the list of issues I have with it
1) I can't add library e-books to it.

yes you can! you just have to ask nicely for help Done
2) It doesn't have page numbers for the books like everything else published in the last 5 centuries
the rest of us get around it and unless you are using it for research, what's the issue? That's precisely the issue. If it's suppose to be a publication it should conform to the standard so that it can be referenced.
3) It has a teeny tiny keyboard instead of a touch screen like half a million phones manage to have
it's not a phone!!! My point was a touchscreen would make more sense than the teeny keyboard
4) I can't read PDF documents (not the way they look on a PC anyway)
it's not a PC!!! I realize that. I still would rather read PDFs on it than on a PC.
5) It's not a reading device it's a Amazon e-book selling device
that's where you are confused, that's the PC! As I experience it, it's only good for overpriced reading material in a closed loop environment, for purchase from Amazon. Hardly a way to encourage reading.
6) I've got a PC (4, in fact) and a BB. I don't NEED another wireless device.
can you read your PC in bed? at the beach? on a ski lift? in an airplane? Yes, yes, why would you read on a ski-lift? and yes.
7) Searching for a "free" e-book on Amazon is frustrating. I don't want to read romance or "undiscovered" authors or born-again.
oh please! by ALL means don't get to know this site and all of the resources for free and cheap reading material. please PLEASE don't! you have such a perfect negative track record thus far! You are assuming you know my attitude. I merely listed issues I have with the device. I did explore the site and I am looking for quality reading, that may also be free, like I find in a library or used bookstore.
I figure I can sell this thing on Craigslist and for $200 get enough used paperbacks to last me until they come out with something truly useful.
I figure you can't! Since you still have your Kindle, how do you know whether it would sell?
GalinAZ is offline   Reply With Quote