Thread: SIGIL format
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 09:59 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
I was just thinking if it might be possible to edit the sgf file directly with an editor to make up for that missing Search & Replace feature. What compression method did you use. I would like to uncompress it, edit the SGF file with my editor and save it back to sgf so that I could reopen it in Sigil.

Edit: Okay, I found it out myself: The SGF file is a zip file, so editing it is simple. That solves a lot of my problems until S&R is done.
actually, this is precisely how i've been working, but i just open the file in sigil, copy the entire code window to notepad (ctrl A ctrl C, then ctrl V in notepad) and do all my searches there. then i delete the code from sigil and paste in the updated version, and save. it's a bit less efficient than being able to search directly in sigil but it works quite well nonetheless.

and it's nice having two windows so i can easily display (for instance) my css codes in sigil while i'm working in notepad, if i want to update some styles or refer to them.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote