View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 08:42 AM   #4
Argel
Opinionated [but right]
Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS 505, Kindle International, HTC Desire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
A laptop is a PC. I think it would be redundant to replace "PC" with "laptop PC or desktop PC". To do so would also imply that the reader can't figure that out on their own.

And the second point was more about Sony than about ereader.
Well I disagree with you on the first point - adding laptop to the list of devices would cost nothing. The final sentence referring to "even" a PC will, I think, appear to most people to refer to a desktop.

As to your second point, I respectfully suggest that you're simply wrong. I quote:

While “ereader” is a common term for ebook reader, there is also a specific ebook format by that name. eReader cannot be read on any of the ebook readers currently on the market.

That is clearly not about the Sony and I thought it was little unfair to eReader not to point out that there are many portable devices on which the format can be read. As the paragraph stands, if I knew nothing about ebooks I would assume that eReader is of very little use, which is not the case.

Anyway, these were no more than suggestions and I have no desire to go to war over them. As I said I think it's a nice simple introduction.
Argel is offline   Reply With Quote