View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 08:41 PM   #15
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
FW sells a lot of secure books in MS Reader and Mobipocket format, but to use those you'd need to remove the DRM and then convert them with Calibre. I know you said you weren't comfortable doing this just thought it'd give you a more complete answer.
I appreciate your more detailed answer to me. Later, I may try my hand at playing with files again but, since I am still recovering from a complete laptop crash (beyond the worth of recovery), I think I will wait until I learn the new laptop system (Vista Premium).

Although, I don't particularly want to buy secure books, if I do buy and it is DRM, I would prefer it was is a format that might someday transfer to another reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
FW also sells books in what they call Multiformat. Those are not DRM protected and can be downloaded in LRF (Sony) format.
I believe I have come across this in zipped files that contained the lrf format.

again, for taking the time to explain it to me.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote