View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #47
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
+1
Exactly that's what I tought too.
Regardless which branch - customers think they KNOW better and judge you by half-facts prejudices and assumptions
Yes. That's very true. Not all of them, of course; but quite a few.

I know that this is also true for clients of the scanning companies. I have lost track of the number of clients I have tried to send to a competent, top-flight scanner. Instead, they use $1 Scanning or BlueLeaf, etc. And then I get a phone call, complaining about how much work it is to 'fix' the scan! I've tried repeatedly to explain that not all scanning is the same (just like, not all ebook-makers are the same), but...deaf ears. I know that competent scanning is expensive, compared to the very-cheap alternatives, certainly; but how much is one's time worth?

Some of these clients get back all their text in frames, for hundreds of pages, and think I can magically remove them. They're incensed when I cannot, even though I warn them about this very thing when using the cheaper scan companies (I mean, yes, there's a way to program something to remove text from frames, but, c'mon! And I think Toxaris' macro will ignore them, perchance, but I've never tried it).

Frustrating.

And thanks, guys. You helped me clarify in my own mind the why. I mean, why my gut just couldn't go with it and ignore it.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote