View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #33
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Moving into retail spaces doesn't make a lot of sense to me since they would then have to pay staff, building costs etc all of which would eat into their profit which they would pass onto to us with higher prices for local stuff.
More importantly, they would have to pay TAX. Amazon has dodged a huge amount of taxes by being an online retailer. This tax avoidance in the tune of Billions has allowed them an advantage over other companies with bricks and mortar stores. The only way they would do this is by setting up a distinct company.

I think less retailers are stocking kindles because the market is getting glutted. I suppose amazon want to push their kindles at people to push the e-book business model, but I get the impression those people who've yet to adopt e-book won't now. What's the financial incentive for them? I wonder if amazon will get to the point where they are almost giving kindles away.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote