View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #449
Urdu
Enthusiast
Urdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of lightUrdu is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
tshering has made a utility that extracts them in a txt file, see here
But definitely work reading what is said on annotations - for instance, you may find this thread useful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

The annotations for epubs are stored in the database and a file. There is discussion here on how to get the file and use it.
Thanks Paola and Davidfor for the info!
I'm a Mac user, so I can't use the app that tshering made.
The Calibre option that Davidfor made maybe limited but it is useful because at least it gives the user access to the annotations he made on the device. As I've read the annotions threads I now know that it's not that easy to get access to and fiddle with the annotations data on the Kobo. Still this should not be an issue for the average Kobo user. Kobo should implement an easy way to get the kepub and epub annotations out and back in. Otherwise this annotation option is just a toy instead of a tool.
Urdu is offline   Reply With Quote