View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 04:18 PM   #13
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
OK now I'm actually trying to read on my new WiFi and have run into some trouble. It has Firmware version 1.7.1 and my desktop is 1.9. I clicked on Sync dozens of times and no s/w upgrade so far. It did replace my library totally once (?) and seemed to have trashed one of my ADE books. :-(

Am I clicking in vain, or will I eventually get the new firmware by clicking on the Kobo desktop Sync button repeatedly (allowing it to do its thing in the meantime)? Specifically I'm wondering since I think the software on the reader is a couple of versions old maybe it's not meeting some criteria.

Edit to say: I clicked "Post" on this message, clicked Sync on the Kobo desktop - and the update was offered. Go figure!

Last edited by dmacmart; 03-25-2011 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Got the update!
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote