View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 06:59 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Yes, I agree, that would be an excellent option if only it were feasible. My family, however, has way too many physical books to even think of adding our entire library to Calibre.
Do you have more than one computer/smartphone? Many hands and eyes

Import from ISBN can take a TXT (opt. CSV) file.

sort your books out into piles, give the ones with bar codes (only 978.... type) to someone with a scanner (app?)

Have others keyboard the ISBN, 1 per line into notepad (simple ASCII TXT) file

keep the piles in order until you verify they processed
Doing batches of 10-20 makes it easier to find the 'problem' (bad number, data not found)

I did 980 books in 2 weeks all by my lonesome , some so old the did not have an ISBN and had to be Googled when the 'get Metadata' failed
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote