View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 12:15 AM   #8
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAdams View Post
I'd like to offer a counterpoint to a keyboard being required for note-taking --- I took notes on a Newton MessagePad and an NCR-3125 (running PenPoint) in college and the stylus worked fine, and moreover, allowed me to sketch in images and diagrams which wouldn't've been feasible w/ a keyboard (this was especially useful for art history and logic diagrams in various computer science courses).

William
I've got a HP TX2 convertible tablet on win7. I loved taking notes on powerpoint slides for my teacher that provided them via vspace. My problem was that battery life on the TX2 was a bit shy of a class period at times. The newer TM2 gets about 5 hours, so that would be better.

I love the look of the HP slate for this kind of thing.

A power efficient SSD would help a lot, since they resume from hibernate and sleep so fast.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote