View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 10:56 AM   #62
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Poetry... is (one of) the least useful art forms ever invented.

IMHO, of course.
Considering the eons of verse compared to the centuries of prose, I suspect otherwise. At the very least the older styles of poetry are easier to memorize and recite then straight prose.

Now I'd much rather read a modspell edition of Shakespeare or Chaucer than a randomly selected bit of modern literary poetry but I feel that way about modern literary works in prose as well. I happen to like a bit of catering to vulgar(common) tastes.
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote