View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 12:04 AM   #125
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
@yifanlu: nevermind, there was absolutely no bad intention. I was just "WTF, this should work, but it doesn't. I come up with a hack". Then on 11.10: "WTF, I added my other dirty hack, and it still just crashes with no indication whatsoever where the problem lies". So much about portable C, haha.

... and to something completely different, namely a (not-so-serious) approach at C and C++ things, but one which I employ successfully: "If it doesn't work, try adding an asterisk. If it still wont' work, try another asterisk, or maybe an ampersand.". Oversimplified of course, but pretty fitting.
One of my main goals was to learn and be familiar with C memory management, and I also needed a update creation tool, so two birds with one stone. If you look at the source, you can clearly see that I just wanted to "try stuff out". For example, I used a union for no reason.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote