View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #8
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpotf View Post
All,

My primary reason for buying an eReader would be because I read a LOT of technical books. Books on hacking, whitepapers, Cisco equipment, Microsoft, etc. These books generally come in a PDF on a CD that accompanies the book. How many of you have found that these types of books are easily transferred to the ereader? I've seen MANY threads on the problems with PDFs, but I don't read normal novels like Huck Finn, Shakespeare, etc. The stuff that I read have a lot of charts, tables, etc. With the PDF already being created by the publisher, is there a huge problem getting it legible on an eReader? I've been looking at the Sony PRS-505, mainly because it's easy to get. (I can run to the store and pick one up.) I've been seeing others like Bookeen, which I've liked as well.

I'm not sure if it's a problem with the PDF format on an eReader, or if the eReader has a little to do with the way they display. I appreciate anyone's thoughts on this, and your help will guide me in the right direction. I know that most people read normal books, but I really need to view more technical material.

Thanks!
John
For reading pdfs I suggest an IRex Reader ... DIN A4 format and big enough for reading the stuff. My Iliad is almost too small for pdfs (so the Sony isn't really capable for displaying it).

Of course you can convert the pdfs in a smaller format but I think a lot of items (tables, ...) will suffer from that.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote