View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #69
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psymon View Post
To answer your question, though, I did use custom fonts in those full-page images with text on top (as you showed me how to do) and didn't insert any extra font-related code...
That is! For that reason you can't see your custom font in Kindle Paperwhite. In order that custom fonts can be showed in headings, etc., you need to add some code in your css stylesheet; read this page:

http://web.sigil.googlecode.com/git/...bed_fonts.html

Quote:
Um, I know I can specify CSS classes and stuff to differentiate between kf8 and mobi devices, but surely there's not much that I can do about those full-page SVG images (even without text on top) so that they'll instead just be simple images inserted in the page?
Yes, for the mobi format they just will be simple .jpg images.

Quote:
If there is a way, I wouldn't know how to go about that. My full-page SVG images are reasonably hi-res (basically they're all 1200x1800 in size), but if I wanted them to show up in a "simpler" device, I suppose I'd then also have to include a smaller version as well?
Yes, you would. Images of 600x800 would be fine.

Quote:
Um, that's the same thing as just opening the file in KP, isn't it? When I do the latter, it says that it's converting it using KindleGen.
Basically, yes

Quote:
Oh, is Paperwhite kf8?
Yes, it is.

Quote:
I still don't know why my embedded fonts weren't showing up in Paperwhite (in KP), since both you and Hitch said that they should have shown up.
Because you didn't declare them in your css stylesheet Read the page that I indicated above

Quote:
Thanks again, Rubén!
You are welcome
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote