Thread: Fonts - Help
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 02:16 AM   #6
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Something else that might be useful ---
When embedding fonts, I assign a generic name in the @fontface rule, instead of using the actual font name, and use that name for the CSS styles. That way, if I decide to use a different embedded font, I can use the same generic name for the @fontface, and I don't have to go back through all the CSS and change all those names.
For example:

Code:
@font-face {
font-family: smcaps;
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
src: url("../Fonts/EBGaramond12-SC.ttf") format("truetype");
}
@font-face {
font-family: blackletter;
src: url("../Fonts/GermaniaOne.ttf") 
format("truetype");
}

.smcaps {
font-family: smcaps;
}
.headline {
font-family: blackletter, serif;
font-size: 135%;
}
'

Now if I wanted to change my smallcaps font to Charis, I only have to change the @fontface, not the rest of the CSS.

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 09-05-2013 at 02:26 AM.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote