View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 08:13 AM   #15
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
I would be surprised if that is the case. Their share price is high, sales are high, they have several nice IPs that ain't going anywhere soon.
So was Enron's stock right before the collapse.

Quote:
In my opinion GW is the leading horse when it comes to dumbing down (Or WOWification..) tabletop games..
I dunno. The current edition seems to be adding even more complexity to the system, compared to previous ones. Either way, my complaint wasn't so much about simplifying the rules as the elimination of narrative. Two entirely different things.

In a GW game, there's always the option of choosing a generic hero, choosing his wargear, and having him be a viable choice on the field. In a Privateer Press game, you're required to use one of their named characters. As a result, there's no roleplaying option. You might as well be playing Final Fantasy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taustin View Post
The reason there are no other decent miniatures games is that GW has run everybody else out of business. It wouldn't be so bad if their miniatures didn't look so silly.
Privateer Press is doing well. WotC's miniatures games have also done fairly well, even when you consider their horrible distribution model and low-quality casts.

Last edited by teh603; 02-07-2013 at 08:22 AM.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote