View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #6
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Check that. It works only once in a great while. What a POS, and I'm talking about Android! If the voice search function requires a special app to be installed then the app store should mention that. Neither Google Play nor Amazon stores mention that. My phone runs the app without a special voice search app, but I guess it is smart enough to understand that it actually has a mic.

Android can be quirky. It seemed to work OK for me, but I haven't tested it extensively. There are other Voice Search Apps on 1Mobile that may prove to be a better match for the Fire HD including ICS Voice. In hindsight, I recommend anyone else who installs one of the Voice Search Apps open and test it to ensure its basic functionality works before attempting to use from another App. Maybe somebody will find that one of the other Voice Search Apps works better with the Fire HD:

http://www.1mobile.com/search.php?keywords=voice+search
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote