View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Some comments:

Code:
@page {margin: 1.3em}
I think that's too large a margin, and you probably don't want it to change with font size. For ebook readers, a minimal margin is usually a better idea, something like 2mm.

Code:
body { font-family: "Garamond"; }
Avoid specifying a font-family unless for some particular technical or stylistic effects. The main text font is probably something the user would like to set him/herself, and not have it forced by the book. Besides, most ebook readers won't have a "Garamond" font available anyway.

Code:
p { text-align: left; }
Personally, I prefer justified text, but I know some people prefer left-aligned, especially in small screens. In any case, that's also something better left to the user, do not set any alignment to normal paragraphs.

Code:
intro { letter-spacing: 0.09em; }
The letter-spacing property is not in the ePub 2.1 spec. It's not a big deal, readers that don't support it (because they are not required too) will just ignore it.

Code:
<p class="tom">&nbsp;</p>
Do not do that. You just want some vertical space, use vertical (top/bottom) margins, or a block element with fixed height. That's not a paragraph and there's no content to have there, don't add vertical space with "empty lines".
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote