View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 01:14 PM   #340
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
What I'm 'seeing' is, roughly, a triangle of pale magenta in the upper left corner, below that a diagonal band of pale green, and pale magenta in lower right.
That essentially describes the exact pattern I have seen on both of mine.

An update: I received a replacement yesterday. It still had colored blotchiness (same pattern), but it was less severe that on my first unit. It's also worth noting that a brightness of 14/24 on the replacement was equivalent to a 16/24 on my original. I was trying to decide which one to send back, when I noticed the bright spots, almost like dead pixels on a monitor. Once I saw those, I couldn't un-see them. So that one went back. Contacted support via chat, have a third one coming Friday.

As much as I hate talking to support reps on the phone, they're getting a call if this 2nd replacement is no better than the others I love the Paperwhite in principle, I just want an evenly colored screen I can read on at night without discomfort. I wish they could somehow inspect the units they're sending those of us who've been through multiple units.

Honestly, I'll probably keep trying to get replacements to get a good one until it becomes too much of a hassle (i.e., they're not willing). There are no good alternatives for me.
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote