View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 08:07 AM   #48
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by uebyn View Post
Yes, I find it strange that people tend to put down the act of reading fiction, almost as though you have to be reading something 'important' or 'relevant' to be a properly functioning adult.
I admit I sometimes feel embarrassed if I am reading something like my current read "Cowboy Crazy" (A Romance, with a Rodeo star as the male lead, and someone asks, "What are you reading?" only to find that it's not 'highbrow fiction' (which admittedly I have a hard time getting into for my 'comfort food' reading). I usually mumble, "Oh, some romance novel".

I do read a lot of favorite classics (re-read even), because they are so widely free and available, and don't blush when I say those.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote