View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Your requirements for the category sound a little different then what I was expecting, could I get a little clarification?

I was thinking of nominating The English Patient. I've been meaning to read it, and it appears to be set in a specific time period which seems relavent to the plot? It was published in 1992, so I'll assume it was written around 1990. (the story actually takes place towards the end of WWII). So I should vote for 1981-2000?
Yes, The English Patient would be 1981-2000.

I clarified "written in" versus "published in" mainly for a few works that aren't published until many, many years later, sometimes posthumously, so in those cases they'd fall into the time they were actually written, but in most cases the published date would be fine.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote