View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 09:40 PM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Both this post, and FAQ entry, carefully explain that there is no need to keep book metadata in the directory structure as it is better managed by calibre. I wholeheartedly agree…
There is no need but it does no harm.

I actually do find it useful on occasion if I find a book with missing or no formats in my current library. Easy to locate in a backup copy.

I occasionally scroll down the library file folder listing to check for author misspellings as well. Sometimes I spot things there that I miss in the tag browser. (I always change them using calibre not by changing the directory filename).

I can also imagine that the developer(s) would find it useful on occasion to see this info on an os level.

Longer file folder names can be a bit of a pain for those with an already complex (very long path before reaching calibre folder level) but it might be better to simplfy things on a higher level.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote