View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 06:54 AM   #135
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleyst View Post
When I say from scratch, I mean it I run calibre portable, as i jump between two computers at least 2-3 times a day, so I install in the root of the drive, dl the plugins, create my columns and such, then move the whole lot to my Portable Apps folder. Then re-import my books (Yes, I seem to get more enjoyment out of organizing than reading atm, desperately awaiting my b'day/xmas pressie of an iPad, then I shall read.)
That's a lot of hoops to jump through. I use portable too in my Dropbox and just follow the upgrade policy from Calibre's site.

Quote:
Upgrading

If you want to upgrade a previous version of calibre portable, download the latest version from here and replace the "Calibre Library" and "Calibre Settings" folders in your new download with the same folders from you old calibre portable.
But whatever procedure suits you best is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleyst View Post
to both of you.
You're Welcome.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote