View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 10:47 PM   #2
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Usually, but I won't guarantee all the time, if you are looking at the book from the Amazon web site in a browser, under Product Details if there is NOT a file size listed then the book is likely Topaz. Example, a current freebie: Faces of Betrayal (link here)

Product Details

* Format: Kindle Edition
* Print Length: 320 pages
* Publisher: Thomas Nelson (April 7, 2009)
* Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
* Language: English
* ASIN: B0024NLHSA

You see it shows a print length, but no file size. So it is probably (and did turn out to be) Topaz.

In contrast, another freebie (Goddess of Fried Okra) shows:

Product Details

* Format: Kindle Edition
* File Size: 518 KB
* Print Length: 242 pages
* Publisher: BelleBooks - A (March 30, 2010)
* Sold by: Amazon Digital Services
* Language: English
* ASIN: B003EO8EVG

So it lists File size and is likely NOT Topaz and is a regular azw/mobi file.

I forget if this holds true when browsing the store from your actual Kindle. I do most of my browsing from the website.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote