View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 09:19 AM   #1
mrm100
mrm100 will become famous soon enoughmrm100 will become famous soon enoughmrm100 will become famous soon enoughmrm100 will become famous soon enoughmrm100 will become famous soon enoughmrm100 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW / Kobo Aura One (poss)
Kobo Aura One for pdf viewing

Hi,
I'm an academic and I want to view basic PDFs (text, no images) on an eReader (i.e. journal articles), and highlight and take notes on the highlights.
I can do all this with my current Kindle Paperwhite 1, but the screen is a little small.
I love the look of the Kobo Aura ONE, and the bigger screen is really attractive. However, I've heard terrible things about the software for PDFs.

I had 2 questions:
1) is it true that you can't highlight or annotate pdf docs on Kobo Aura One?
2) I have come across this Koreader software that you can install on it. I was wondering how well that worked, and whether I can highlight and take notes with that? It appears I can highlight pdfs, but still can't note them.

I might have to end up getting this new Kindle Oasis, but the screen is significantly smaller, and I read a lot in bed so would like the filtering of blue light feature that Kobo offer but Kindle do not.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.
mrm100 is offline   Reply With Quote