View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 04:14 PM   #304
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gteague View Post
i might note that after loading nearly 3000 books onto a 32gb oasis 2 with a very high percentage of those being large books such as music and science and technical and reference books, it only took approximately 5gb of space. i post this for those not knowing whether they need the 32 gb models and turns out that unless i add double what i have, i wasted the $30 each i spent on the oasis and the new pw model. but i remember trying to load the calibre library onto a 4gb kindle and failing, so i guess i over-compensated.

i might note that i don't have any magazines or comic books or graphic novels or audible books, any category of which could easily change the equation.

/guy
Yeah, ebooks are pretty small. Majority of my Kindle books range from ~600KB to 2MB. Given the 512MB RAM, I think the PW4 might actually choke on the 20,000+ regular books it would take to fill up 32GB (probably just ~28GB usable).

Graphic novels definitely change the equation, though. My manga volumes average 100MB per and they're like 15-30 minute reads compared to a 600KB novel.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote